Tefillin Gassot (“thick phylacteries”) are made out of a single piece of thick leather shaped by repeatedly applying several tons of pressure in industrial presses as part of a complicated, but delicate and exacting production process. The resulting battim (“houses”) are so thick and durable that they can be reshaped even if damaged.
These tefillin come with hand-made black/black tefillin straps at no additional cost.
- Beautifully written parchments by highly skilled soferim
- Checked twice for accuracy (computer scan + traditional check)
- Crafted to exacting specifications (each side 34-35 mm)
- Thick, durable cowhide (behema gassa) to retain shape and last a lifetime
- High quality two-sided black handmade straps
- Professional finishing work at Jerusalem-based tefillin workshop
- Leshem kedushat tefillin in all stages of production
- Computer scan certificate
- Free velvet bag
- Free protective cases
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very good service, prompt and reliable.
I've had a very good experience with Ben's Tallit Shop. I ordered a very nice tallis from him last year. This year I decided to upgrade my tefillin and was not disappointed. They are very well made and arrived as promised.