Tefillin Gassot (“thick phylacteries”) are made out of a single piece of thick leather shaped by repeatedly applying several tons of pressure in industrial presses as part of a complicated, but delicate and exacting production process. The resulting battim (“houses”) are so thick and sturdy that they can be reshaped even if damaged.
All stages of production, from inserting the parchments to closing and painting the battim and all other finishing steps of making your tefillin are done with careful adherence to halacha. These tefillin gassot are ohr echad and kosher l'chatchila. Features a Lubavitch Shin on the Shel Rosh, and standard Arizal/Nusach Sfard parchments (not Baal HaTanya writing).
- Parchments written by highly skilled soferim
- Checked twice for accuracy (computer scan + traditional check)
- Crafted to exacting specifications
- Thick, top-quality cowhide (behema gassa) to retain shape and last a lifetime
- Under kashrut supervision of HaRav Moshe Shaul Klein
- Special finishing work on bottom helps prevent perspiration from penetrating
- Superb painting
- High quality black/black handmade straps
- Professional finishing work
- Leshem kedushat tefillin in all stages of production
- Computer scan certificate
- Free velvet bag
- Free protective cases
Some customers have specific requests regarding the custom for how to tie the knots on the straps of the Shel Yad and the Shel Rosh. If you have special requests, please note that in the comments field during checkout. If you do not include special requests, the straps will be prepared as follows:
- Shel Yad - outward wrap
- Shel Rosh - Square knot ("Double Dalet")
If you need extra long straps, please include a request in the Comments field during checkout.
Since tefillin are relatively light and compact, we are able to reduce the shipping fee. The shipping fee you see during checkout will be below the fees shown on our Shipping Info page.